by The Undaunted Tactical Team
Best Tactical Pens For Self Defense
A tactical pen is an often overlooked piece of everyday carry gear that could very well save your life one day.
What is a Tactical Pen Used For?
A tactical pen has many functions and gives you the upper hand in situations where ordinary self defense weapons are not allowed. An aircraft-grade aluminum body gives the pen extra weight and makes it useful as a self defense tool. Much like 007 James Bond, a tactical pen conceals itself in broad daylight yet in flash it can be used to neutralize the situation. Another function is as an emergency escape tool. A good quality tactical pen should have a Tungsten steel tip. The steel tip can be used as a glass breaker to escape a sinking car or free someone else.
Can You Take a Tactical Pen On an Airplane?
You shouldn’t have any problem putting a tactical plane in your checked-in baggage but you are not allowed to carry tactical pens on airplanes, no matter how innocent they look. It may pass through unnoticed, but chances are it will be noticed during the security check. Airport security can immediately confiscate anything that appears to be a weapon.
Are tactical pens legal in the UK?
We are not in a position to give legal advice and advise you to check your local laws and the laws of the country you may be traveling to with a tactical pen.
What are the best metals for a tactical pen?
Aircraft aluminum has its charm – it’s rigid, it lasts, and it’s rust-proof. Other decent materials are stainless steel, titanium, and iridium, though the latter two tend to be relatively expensive due to their material scarcity.
Can you bring a tactical pen to school?
Colleges that don’t have severe security won’t notice nor care that you have one of these. However, public schools (grade/middle/high) absolutely prohibit anything like this being brought onto the campus. Don’t bring a tactical pen to school.
Where to buy a Tactical Pen?
Check out the links below for Vulcan Tactical Pen™ by Undaunted Tactical™, our pick for the best performing and most functional tactical pen.
- It’s USB rechargeable and comes with a USB cord so you don’t need to worry about buying extra batteries.
- Has a panic alarm to deter attackers without using harmful weapons Easy to use with just 1 button for the alarm and flashlight
- it has an aircraft grade aluminium body and a stainless steel clip which makes it very functional and easy to access in a flash
- the pen is built to last and is water and heat resistant, it works in extreme weather conditions just as well
- It has an LED flashlight to keep everything lit up
- the pen has a glass breaker tip that’s made of Tungsten steel
- the pen writes smoothly with smudge-proof ink in all positions and has a solid hefty look.